ASKMYGP live from 30th April 2020
AskmyGP is really easy to use and it means you can contact us 24/7.
You will need to register by clicking on the blue link below, on the next line. Select 'consult your GP' and sign up as a new user if you have not registered previousl
Martock&South Petherton surgery are going to use askmyGP to manage all patient requests. See https://my.askmygp.uk/?c=L85007
The GPs assess each request and then decide on the most appropriate way to resolve the issue. This could be by telephone, face to face or via online messaging.
Although we will encourage patients to submit their requests online, please feel assured that you can still submit a request by phone or in person when you attend the surgery.
We are confident that askmyGP will provide everyone with better access to the surgery and ensure quality care is provided to all.
It's available 24/7 - we respond during working hours.
- Due to the high level of demand we will endeavour to respond to requests as quickly as possible hopefully within 48 hours(2 working days), if the request is deemed as urgent it will be dealt with that day.
- All our registered patients are welcome, and as a parent or carer you can use askmyGP on behalf of a patient
- You can request a particular named clinician if you wish (as long as they are working that day)
- You may prefer a telephone or email response.
- You can login by clicking on the link above now, without any paperwork
Frequently asked Questions /media/content/files/Patient%20FAQ%20Martock(3).docx
How to Create my Account/media/content/files/How%20To%20Create%20Your%20Account(2).docx
Please see the link below for guidance re the virus:
Should you exhibit any symptoms and have recently returned from mainland China, or been in contact with anyone that has, please DO NOT attend the surgery but follow the advise on the link or contact the surgery for advise.
Change to Prescription Request Process
From the 1st February 2020 , the prescription request telephone line (01935 826908) open from 09:30-11:30 will be for prescription queries only, we will no longer take any prescription requests over the phone. Please do not be concerned, there are several alternate ways of requesting your prescription and all the reception and prescription staff will be more than happy to assist you.
This is as a result of a report by the National Patient Safety Agency which showed that there were significant additional risks associated with telephoned prescription requests vs requests by other mediums. There are several alternative means to request your prescriptions both using technology and utilising other agencies that can assist you in these requests.
- Online Form
- Patient Access
- Nhs app
- Prescription box at both Martock and South Petherton, if you do not have a list please ask the receptionists to print the right hand side of your prescription and tick the box for the medication required
- Post (enclose a stamped, addressed envelope to receive the prescription paper through the post)