Welcome to Martock Surgery & South Petherton Medical Centre
We are booking appointments for flu vaccinations now. We have the stock for over 65's in now. The stock for the under 65's at risk will follow in November. Childrens nasal flu's are also going to be available for us to order for November.
There are appointments available to book now! Dates below.
The prescription line will now be open from 9:30-11:30 Monday-Friday starting today the 1st October 2019.
This is a trial and subject to change.
We would recommend using other methods of ordering your medication for more information on these please order from the website, drop your slip from the right hand side of your prescription into reception, or contact us on prescription line.
Further information and the dates for the walk in clinics to follow soon.
Important information about Online Access
We have recently changed our appointment system to EMIS web appointments. This means the online access function may have changed. If you wish to book an appointment or order a prescription. You may need to re-register for the new service.
If it doesn not work when you try to log in please ask reception to switch on your access and issue you with a number with which you can register for the new service.
- check symptoms using the health A-Z on the NHS website
- find out what to do when you need help urgently using NHS 111 online
- register as an organ donor
- choose whether the NHS uses your data for research and planning
- book and manage appointments at the GP practice
- order their repeat prescriptions. You can order repeat prescriptions online at any time night or day!
- view your GP medical record securely
Patient Information update June 2019
We were delighted to welcome back Dr Bridge and Dr More to the surgery team a few weeks ago. We are continuing to advertise for new GPs and until we are able to recruit additional permanent doctors, we will continue to cover the required GP appointments with locum GPs alongside the wider practice team.
Please be reassured that routine and urgent doctor's appointments are still available as required. We have also extended our teams of health professionals and specialists at the surgeries who are able to diagnose and treat a wide range of illnesses and health conditions - it is not always necessary to see a doctor first.
There have been a number of staff changes recently and ask our patients to please bear with us during this time, whilst we welcome new healthcare professionals to the team. New team members include:
- Two new Advanced Nurse Practitioners (ANP) who are be able to treat, diagnose and prescribe
- A new Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP) who as an ex-paramedic, will be able to support with urgent on-the-day medical needs
- Two new Health Care Assistants (HCA) to support a wide range of clinical tasks such as taking blood, ECGs and health promotion
- A new Practice Nurse who will be starting in July, who will be supporting regular medical reviews, vaccinations, smears and dressings
- Three new Health Coaches who are able to support patients and their families with general health education and wellbeing, signposting and advice
- We also have a new Operational Manager Jan Jones, who along with our Interim Clinical Lead; Dr Harvey Sampson are working together to provide support and management to the surgeries.
For more information on the developments taking place at the surgery please read the latest PPG newsletter - written and promoted by our patient volunteers, who are supporting the surgery.
We will share more information and updates as soon as we are able to. If you have a question or a concern about your healthcare please contact our Operational Manager: Janice Jones, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the healthcare services available at the practice you can also access medical treatment and out of hours advice by calling NHS 111. Call 999 in a medical emergency – when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.
December update for patients: we are pleased to confirm that the integration process has been completed and that Martock and South Petherton Surgeries have now become part of Symphony Healthcare Services, an NHS Healthcare organisation. Patients don’t need to take any action and you will be able to call and visit the surgeries as normal.
Health Review & Request Forms
Who Do I See? / Advice Checker
Find out who you should be seeing:
Zero Tolerance Policy