Welcome to Martock Surgery & South Petherton Medical Centre
PATIENT ACCESS WEEK week commencing 20th January 2020
Why Patient access?
- Order medication online
- Book appointments online
- This service is available 24/7
- Patients can take more control over their own care.
DROP IN SESSIONS
Would you like to know more about the online services we offer?
Need some help setting up an account?
You can bring your smart phones or laptops – or use the ones provided!
We can help you with any problems you’re having and show you how simple and effective the online services are!
You will need to bring some photo ID with you.
South Petherton and Martock Medical Centre
Important information about Online Access
We have recently changed our appointment system to EMIS web appointments. This means the online access function may have changed. If you wish to book an appointment or order a prescription. You may need to re-register for the new service.
If it does not work when you try to log in please ask reception to switch on your access and issue you with a number with which you can register for the new service.
- check symptoms using the health A-Z on the NHS website
- find out what to do when you need help urgently using NHS 111 online
- register as an organ donor
- choose whether the NHS uses your data for research and planning
- book and manage appointments at the GP practice
- order their repeat prescriptions. You can order repeat prescriptions online at any time night or day!
- view your GP medical record securely
Patient Information update Dec 2019
We were delighted to welcome Dr Mcinerney who has joined the team to replace Dr More on a full time basis and Dr Morton who at present joins us on a Wednesday. We are continuing to advertise for new GPs and until we are able to recruit additional permanent doctors, we will continue to cover the required GP appointments with locum GPs alongside the wider practice team.
Please be reassured that routine and urgent doctor's appointments are still available as required. We have also extended our teams of health professionals and specialists at the surgeries who are able to diagnose and treat a wide range of illnesses and health conditions - it is not always necessary to see a doctor first.
There have been a number of staff changes recently and ask our patients to please bear with us during this time, whilst we welcome new healthcare professionals to the team. New team members include:
- Two new Advanced Nurse Practitioners (ANP) who are be able to treat, diagnose and prescribe
- A new Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP) who as an ex-paramedic, will be able to support with urgent on-the-day medical needs
- Two new Health Care Assistants (HCA) to support a wide range of clinical tasks such as taking blood, ECGs and health promotion
- A new Practice Nurse who started in November, who will be supporting regular medical reviews, vaccinations and dressings
- Dr Wilkins will be attending the surgery to offer contraception advice and both coil and Implanon insertions.
- An MSK practitioner who specilises in joint and muscle pain and can assist with diagnosis, physiotherapy advice and referal, and joint injections.
- We also have a new Operational Manager Jan Jones, who along with our Interim Clinical Lead; Dr Berge Balian are working together to provide support and management to the surgeries.
For more information on the developments taking place at the surgery please read the latest PPG newsletter - written and promoted by our patient volunteers, who are supporting the surgery.
We will share more information and updates as soon as we are able to. If you have a question or a concern about your healthcare please contact our Operational Manager: Janice Jones, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the healthcare services available at the practice you can also access medical treatment and out of hours advice by calling NHS 111. Call 999 in a medical emergency – when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.
Health Review & Request Forms
Who Do I See? / Advice Checker
Find out who you should be seeing:
Zero Tolerance Policy